this day in the Tidal Basin area of Washington, DC. Since then, Japan has also donated many cherry trees to Cincinnati,
where they grace our parks.
The Japan America Society of Cincinnati (JASGC) is forming a committee for the 100 year celebration of the cherry trees
donated to the United States by Japan, to be held in April, 2012.
Cincinnati has a special connection with this gift as it was Mrs. Taft (then First Lady) who helped make this happen. JASGC
is working on a grand celebration in April -- most likely the last weekend in April.
* A Sumo/Japanese Marial arts demonstration at Cincinnati State
* Zen garden at the Krohn Conservatory
* A Dolls of Japan exhibit at Boone County library, to lead the celebration off in March
JASGC would like to arrange:
* An art contest in local area schools
* A Japanese Language contest
* Movie history -- show the U.S. remake of original Japanese films (e.g.7 Samurai / The Magnificent 7)
JASGC will hold an organizational meeting on November 10th, 2011 1:00pm
Chamber of Commerce
300 Carew Tower
441 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
If interested, please contact: