Greetings from Cincinnati-Gifu Sister City. I hope you are enjoying the fall weather.
The Nominating Committee would request your interest in seeking board membership. We have attached the
job description for each position below. These are volunteer positions and the time commitment is not
onerous. There are 4 board meetings throughout the year and various activities. All of these positions are
open and available even if you have limited experience so do not be shy. If you have any interest or
questions, please contact one of us:
Nominations Deadline: October 31st
You can find updates on our blog:
Here are the job duties:
1. The President presides as the chairperson at all Meetings. S/he is also an ex-officio member of all
committees except the Governance & Nominating Committee.
2. The President can call a Special Meeting for a specific purpose.
3. The President has the power to sign contracts on behalf of the Committee, but cannot bind a Member
absent specific, written consent by that Member.
The Vice President assists the President in the discharge of his/her duties and officiates in the absence of the
President at all Committee Meetings. The Vice President chairs the Governance & Nominating Committee.
4. The Secretary shall maintain a list of Members and representatives, an attendance record of Members.
The Secretary shall take care of all official correspondence.
5. The Secretary shall keep the Minutes of each Meeting and provide a copy for each Member.
6. Native level of writing and reading in Japanese and English is preferred.
7. Maintain an on-going record of the Minutes and provide such record for the year at each meeting for
8. Create and issue eNewsletter four times a year.
9. Arrange Regular Meetings as prescribed
10. As a board member, perform other clerical duties as needed
11. The Treasurer shall keep records of all income and expenses and give a complete financial report to the
Board annually. This fiscal year shall be January 1st through December 31st. The Treasurer is responsible
for preparing all checks and signs them with the President or another officer of the Committee. He/she
maintains all monies of the Committee and deposits them in a bank account in the name of the Committee.
There shall be an annual audit or review of the Treasurer's records.
12. The Treasurer shall chair the Finance Committee.
Term of Office: All Trustees shall serve a two (2) year term. Method of Filling Vacancy: Any resignation of an
officer will be filled by the Member that he or she represents. If the Member has no representative to fill the
position, a new election will be held by the Members to fill the position for the remainder of the term.